Thursday, April 14, 2011

doodles . soup, anyone?

soup, anyone?
12.23am coded 140411, Thursday and it’s breezy. If there is a bowl of nice and warm soup in front of me now, I will not be typing this because I will be enjoying the warmth and bud-tantalizing liquid. I started learning the skill in cooking a pot of great soup when I was in my primary years because I’m a soup-lover. Anywhere which sells great soup will catch my taste-bud’s attention and it’s a must to order. In my family tradition, our dinner includes a fish, a dish of green vegetables, eggs whether it’s a sunny side-up or omelet, or bean-curds. The most important dish to be on the table is a bowl of soup. Without the soup is like McDonalds without the fries to me. One of my best-time favorite soups is ABC as how we named it. Some named it ‘Lo-Sung-Tong’ and some even call it the Chinese minestrones. Carrots, potatoes, tomatoes, onions and pork-loaf or chicken are the main ingredients. Adding in with a few pinches of salt and pepper will do well. Cutting the tomatoes and onions into wedges are fun. Cutting the carrots and potatoes into small cubes are more funs. And the other thing I love about this soup is that I can mesh the stocks of the soup into my rice and creates a porridge-like dish and I always get scold by mom on this. It happens to be the same thing that I will do to my whipped potato when I mix the brown sauce with the potatoes or how I mix the black pepper with my chili sauce when I consume my French fries. Sounds weird but it makes my meal better. You’re lucky enough if you did taste my cooking before because I seldom cook but I love cooking very much. I just can’t master the skill of fish frying… T.T

No comments:

Post a Comment